The volunteers of the Tara Club Board are thrilled to announce that the Tara Pool can open at 10 a.m. on June 5. There are, however, a significant number of changes that are required in order for us to open. Please know, as your board, we do not like limitations more than you do, but we also want everyone to stay well! We have worked hard with authorities to get to this point. We wish we could say everything was wide open, but we simply have to work within the guidelines set forth by the state or risk being shut down. That’s not a risk we are willing to take having waited to open the pool. Your safety is our top priority, and we are doing everything we can to make this as painless as possible!
Please read carefully!!
1. There will be no guests admitted to the pool with members for now.
2. We are required to shut down once a day for disinfecting. This will occur daily from 3:30-4:00 p.m. Everyone will have to exit the property at this time.
3. Membership applications must be submitted and dues must be paid PRIOR to your first visit to the pool. Applications and dues will not be accepted on-site. You will receive an email with payment method options after your application is submitted online.
4. Per the state fire marshal regulations, no child under 15 is allowed at the pool without a parent or guardian.
5. You will not find anything in the lost and found. Items left at the end of a reservation block will be discarded during the cleaning.
6. We cannot book pool parties at this time.
7. Capacity is determined by the fire marshal and is based on each person having 60 square feet of deck space. This puts Tara capacity at 150 people, which is well in line with the number of people who are generally at the pool at one time. We will have a “capacity counter” on the website that will be updated hourly. We will evaluate whether we will have to require reservations once we see how attendance looks, particularly on weekends.
8. You are encouraged to wear masks while on deck and maintain social distance.
9. We will extend our Sunday hours and be open on Sundays from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. to allow for an additional open hours.
10. Once school begins and we shift to weekends only, we will include Fridays from 5-9. We typically are only open on Saturdays and Sundays once school begins.
11. Dues will be reduced to $500 this year. If you have already paid, you may request a refund or apply the $55 to your snack stand account. Contact email@example.com to communicate your preference. Please include your member number in the email.
12. You will be asked to sign a liability waiver for reservations.
We want everyone to have fun and stay safe at the pool. If you or your family members are experiencing any symptoms or have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. While the chlorine in the pool kills the virus on skin, there is no protection from airborne particles other than wearing masks and maintaining social distance. Our lifeguards are there to protect swimmers and cannot be responsible for ensuring members are staying 6 feet apart. Please be responsible for your own safety and that of your children in this regard.
The Tara Club Board