Tara Club Tennis Rules and Etiquette
Tennis courts are to be used for tennis play only! Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone found damaging tennis equipment will be held fully liable.
- Courts are numbered 1, 2, 3, and 4, from west to east (from Tara Blvd. over)
- Scheduled tennis lessons take priority on court 3 at all times.
- When lessons are taking place, please use courts 1 and 2 first if available, then court 4
- Courts are for Tara Members and their guests only.
- When the pool is open, a guest fee of $5.00 is required. Please sign in your guest and pay guest fee at the guard hut.
- Proper tennis attire is required at all times, including tennis shoes.
- Please respect others at play. Do not walk across courts in use during points being played. Cross only when points are finished and when given the OK from the players on that court.
- Please return balls to neighboring courts after each point.
- This is very important! Please be sure to hang up Rol-Dris after use. This keeps them from getting ruined!
- All trash must be disposed of in the provided containers.
- No Glass or other breakables are allowed on court.
- For night play, light switches for both upper and lower courts are on the light pole next to the sidewalk. Upper courts switches are the two levers; Lower courts Switch is inside the “Plug Cover” to the left.
- Very important! Please turn off the lights if no one is following you on that court.
- Don’t forget to lock up at the end of play (even if you did not find it locked when you arrived).
- All play stops at 10 pm./lights out! We need to be courteous to our neighbors.
- Tennis court keys may be purchased for $3.00.