Pool Guest Information
Make Our Days at Tara Safe and Enjoyable!
Please be sure that your children know and understand these rules.
Tara Swim and Racquet Club – Pool Rules
- The pool manager and lifeguards must be obeyed at all times. The discipline policy is as follows:
1st whistle – warning
2nd whistle – out of the pool for 10 minutes
3rd whistle – out of the pool for the day
- Members must sign in upon entry and pay guest fees if applicable.
- Guests are welcomed up to 5 times per summer for a nominal $5.00 guest charge. Out of town guests, (more than a 50 mile radius, with proper I.D.) are welcomed free of charge.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or responsible party.
- Absolutely no glass or other breakables are allowed in the pool area.
- No socializing with active duty lifeguards.
- No diving in the shallow end.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time. Dive straight off the end only. Make certain no one is under the board. After diving, swim away to the side. Do not stay under the board.
- No running, rough play, shoving, excessive splashing, or breath-holding games will be tolerated.
- No profanity or abusive language is allowed.
- Do not sit, hang, or pull on the lane ropes.
- Anyone with serious infections such as pink eye, the flu, or an open wound is not allowed in the pool.
- Return equipment / trash to the designated areas.
- The pool will close for a minimum of 30 minutes for thunder and 30 minutes for lightning. The pool will also close when heavy rain prevents visibility. This will be at the discretion of the lifeguards on duty.
- Eating is not allowed in the pool.
- Tennis courts are to be used for playing tennis only. Please refrain from playing other games on tennis courts. No eating, drinking or chewing gum on the tennis courts. Tennis shoes only when playing tennis.
- Any person found willfully destroying Tara Club equipment or property will be held fully liable.
Club Policies ◊ Club Policies ◊ Club Policies
**Your volunteer board members work hard to make Tara a fun safe place to be. If you have a concern that needs to be brought to the board’s attention, we ask that you please contact us at email@example.com instead of trying to address issues while board members are enjoying “downtime” at the pool. Through this system of communication the board can appropriately address any issues or concerns.
- Tara’s goal is to offer a safe, fun, family oriented, welcoming atmosphere to all who enter the Club gates. Remember to welcome those who are new to our Club.
- Each time you come to the pool, please check in with your membership number at the guard desk. Please note: The entrance is through the main gate by the front of the clubhouse.
- The club will open on weekends during May and regular hours begin once the kids are out of school. The season goes through August (around the time that school starts) and will be open during weekends in August until Labor Day (last day of the pool season). Exact dates will be posted on website during the swim season. (Membership season is from May to May)
- Email is the primary way we communicate with members. If your email address changes, please let us know. Don’t forget to “like” Tara Club on Facebook to keep up with events, weather closures and more.
- You can rent the pool for private or non-private parties. Check the website for details.
- You earn a $25 check for referring a new member! Make sure the new member lists you as a referral on their application.
- Tara Club is run by a completely volunteer Board who oversee everything at the pool. Board Members work all year long to make it a great experience for everyone. If you would like to get involved, please email Michelle Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org . There is no discount for volunteering, but it does help keep dues lower for everyone so please consider lending any time or talent you have to the Tara Club!
- NO GLASS! GLASS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED! This includes jars of salsa, beer or wine bottles or anything else that may be glass. If glass breaks on the pool deck it will require the pool to be closed for 3 days to drain and check for glass. It is imperative that we keep all glass out of Tara Club.
- Swimming pool rules are based on the American Red Cross recommendations. We will advise of pool rules before the summer season begins.
- Lifeguards are on duty for the safety of everyone in the water. Please supervise your children at the pool. All members must adhere to lifeguard instructions. Please report any lifeguarding concerns to the pool manager.
- Children must be 12 or older to be left at the pool without an adult.
- Please note that siblings are not allowed to swim during morning swim team practices. There is no lifeguard on duty.
- Tara is a family pool. The use of profane language is prohibited. Members using profane language will be asked to leave the premises.
- Pool and court areas are designated as Non-Smoking Areas.
- Many members frequent the pool to relax. If you are playing music and are asked to change a channel or turn it lower/off, please be respectful of others and do so.
- If you bring a guest, there is a $5 guest fee. There is no guest fee for out of town guests. Out of town is defined as more than 50 miles from BR.
- Each guest, individually, is limited to 5 visits per swim season under your membership. (For example: you cannot have the same guest as your guest for 5 times, then as another family member’s guest 5 times). If someone would like to visit more than 5 times, they would have to sign up for their own membership.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member of your family that is on your membership.
- If a babysitter/grandparent brings your kids for you, they do not have to pay a guest fee. Please let email@example.com know if you have a full time sitter or grandparent that will be bringing the kids.
- If your child brings a friend and their parent comes also, the parent has to pay a guest fee only if they intend on swimming.
- There is a snack stand that serves a range of food (burgers, hot dogs, chips, candy and drinks). You may set up a pre-paid account at the stand.
- The snack stand has a limited supply of napkins, utensils, cups, etc. Please remember to bring the necessary supplies from home.
- You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks. Beer and wine are allowed only in non-glass containers.
- Feel free to offer off duty lifeguards snacks and/or drinks.
- There are charcoal BBQ pits for grilling. BBQ pits are available for use on a first come basis. Please bring your own coals and clean the pit when you’re finished.
- Tennis courts located on the side of the club house will stay locked and are for use by adults only. Courts closest to Tara Blvd. will remain open and available for use by children.
- Parents, please ensure that children understand that courts are for tennis use only. Other activities are not permitted. Children found abusing the courts will be refused the right to use the courts at all.
- If you are interested in playing tennis when the pool is closed, please send inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Frequently Asked Questions
If my babysitter brings my kids for me, does the babysitter pay a guest fee? No.
How many times can someone be a guest? Each guest, individually, is limited to 5 visits per swim season under your membership. (For example: you cannot have the same guest as your guest for 5 times, then as another family member’s guest 5 times). If someone would like to visit more than 5 times, they would have to sign up for their own membership.
Do out of state guests that are staying with me have to pay guest fees? No.
If my child brings a friend and their parent comes also, does the parent have to pay? Yes, if the parent swims.